Saturday 8 September 2012

First Week

Finally found the time to sit down and start blogging! I figured I would blog instead of journal so I can always have access to the stories from anywhere, and everyone else can know what I'm doing too.

I arrived on Tuesday in Shannon with a fairly large group of students from all over. A lot of them were surprisingly from the midwest. We hopped on a bus and rode into Limerick; it was very surreal, most of us were still in a daze from the flight and couldn't wrap our heads around the idea that we were ACTUALLY in Ireland! We all moved into our "houses" and got acquainted with the area. I met up with the people we met on the bus ride and we went to get our phones and other essentials from city center; the downtown area was awesome! We had our first beers and chatted with the locals, super nice and super talkative/drunk.

Later on that night we went out to grab dinner and met up with more people that were from Chicago. They somehow convinced us to go out to the bars that night despite the jet lag and walking around the entire day.

The next couple days we did a bunch of orientation stuff which was very interesting and useful, but boring to write about. Night life here is awesome; there's a bar on campus that most first years go to, which has been sufficient for us these past couple nights. I'm hoping that we meet some upper class locals that know the off campus places to be. People here are unbelievably friendly and easy to talk to; I've already met a ton of new people that love to do the same stuff I do...Drink! Just kidding; they love to travel, meet new people, etc. etc. I think I am going to like this place!

I'll try to keep updated on a more day-to-day basis, depending on how interesting the day is. I'm really tired now and going to take a nap, even though its 1pm...

Until next time, cheerio

1 comment: