Wednesday 12 September 2012

Paint Party

Today's the third day of classes, and it is just a lovely day outside. The weather changes rapidly, so it may turn out to be less lovely later, but right now it's wonderful. We had another "family dinner" with some girls from Creighton yesterday; it was an amazing lasagna dinner with salad, cheesey bread, and some wine. To say the least, it was the best family dinner we've made os far. Last night I took it easy and just got some hot chocolate with some friends and hung out at the Scholars club, which apparently is known for their hot chocolate (it was delish). I'm glad some of my better friends actually go to Minnesota so I will be able to see them often when I get back. But I'm not thinking about that right now, just enjoying Ireland.

The paint party Monday night was a riot. In the afternoon I went to a store called Penneys to get super cheap clothes to wear to the party. I got 6 shirts and a pair of pants for 26 euro...AMAZING deals there. I went to the Stables club with a white shirt on, and came back covered in different colors (pink, green, blue, etc. etc.). The music was crazy and when I was in the middle of the group I got pushed around; I literally could not control where I was moving, I just went with the flow of crazy Irish people. It was a great time, but I lost all of my friends I went to the party with. 

I have also been able to get to know my Irish roommates a little more since we have had more time around the house. All of them play soccer and are a part of the soccer club, which I will be joining later today. From 5-8 there's a recruitment for the different clubs and societies for UL; I'm planning on joining soccer, tennis, international society, and outdoor pursuits. I don't know if I'll have time for all of them, but we'll see.

Off to class again now! 

Slán

P.S. Here's a link to the song that's the theme for the trip thus far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGghkjpNCQ8

No comments:

Post a Comment